In this episode, I discuss the pro’s and con’s of Snapchat and Instagram Stories!
For thousands of years, stories have been how we have shared information with each other. Stories allow you to connect with your followers in a deeper and more emotional ways! The most popular two “Stories” platforms today (July 2017) are Instagram Stories and Snapchat Stories!
Here are my top 3 favorite things about Insta Stories:
- Tagging! you can add hashtags and tag other users in your IG stories! You are allowed to add 1 hashtag per video! Here is the complete list of block hashtags. Hashtags allow your posts to be seen by more than just your followers!
- 15 seconds! Those extra 5 seconds make a huge difference! (Snap Stories are up to 10 seconds* UPDATE: you can now record up to 60 seconds on snap, but it will still be broken into 10 second segments)
- Non-Native Content! You can post pictures and videos to your IG Story without an awkward white border like on snapchat! This means, you can record a video outside of Instagram’s camera, and still post it to your Instagram story!
Here are my top 3 favorite things about Snap Stories:
- Links! You can add links to your Snap Stories by pressing the “Paperclip” button after recording your snap! Anyone who views your story will be able to swipe up to view the URL!
- Geo-fenced stories/filters. For as little as $5, you can advertise to local customers within an area or around the world! This is very inexpensive, and easy to set up! Creating a Geo-fenced filter for a convention/live-event will save you thousands of dollars and allow you to get the attention of anyone who snaps while at the convention/live-event!!
- Higher engagement and conversion rates! Snap engagement is about 6 times higher than IG stories! 20 Instagram followers is worth 1 snap follower! What does this mean? This means that you can have 20 times less followers on Snap, yet still get the same amount of engagement that you would on Instagram! Definitely something to consider if you don’t have a large following!