Best Strategies For Coming Up With Killer Ideas For Your Brand Business or Social Media Content
1. Design Thinking – Applying Design Principles to every problem we face in life. It’s broken into 6 steps.
- Empathize – If you’re going to create whatever it is that you’re seeking to accomplish, empathize with your user. This step is also where you do your research.
- Define – Compile all of that research you did. Everything you learn from empathizing with your user, and define what their biggest problem is.
- Idea – Come up with ideas which sounds so much simpler than the word. Ideate this step is all about the brain dump. It’s literally, you’re going to dump out everything possible that comes into your brain and write it down.
- Prototype – Once you have that big list of hundreds of ideas start picking out your favorite and start making rough prototypes of what that would look like.
- Test Record – Test record that video, create that content for Instagram or Facebook draft, those posts survey your audience and see, what they think, allow them to have some input on your prototype.
- Implement – Implement what you’ve learned.
2. Get Inspired by Others – use outside influences and I encourage you to use multiple people in the design thinking process. The more minds you can get coming up with ideas, the better the ideas are going to end.
- Read Magazine Covers it alone has a lot of ideas.
- Read the free preview of books that are in your niche
- Use free Resources like Youtube podcast news searches on Google or even hashtags about your niche on Instagram or Facebook.
Okay, maybe they’re not your idea because someone else had the idea first, but it’ll be unique to you and it won’t be copying because you’ll be putting your own spin on it, your own personal views opinions and beliefs into it and you’ll be adding your own personality and tweaks and changes to whatever the idea is.
As Steve Jobs said, “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little bit guilty because they didn’t really do it. They just saw something seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize to make new things.“
Your goal should be is to consistently come up with ideas. Become someone who is really good at coming up with ideas because the more ideas you come up with and the more you practice coming up with ideas, the better you’ll get at picking out the good ones. Creative people are people who come up with ideas all the time are good at picking the good ideas from the millions of ideas that they come up with.